In year 1917 it was At Shtjefen Gjeçovi, who opened the first school in albanian leanguage for Thethi kids.
An unusual and beautiful church built in 1892 and still at the same spot with same foundations until this very day. During the construction period, attached to the east wall was also the presbytery, where the priest used to live. The habitants of Thethi, from itsinheritance , have been Roman Catholics. So, one of the first buildings here was the church. One of the most legendary priests, not only for Theth and the Catholic Church, but the whole of Albanian culture was Father Shtjefen Gjeçovi.
He opened the school in the year 1917 and taught the children reading and writing in Albanian. This tradition was also followed by the other priests of this church.The year 1921 was an official date recognised by the government of the time as the schools opening, with father Marjan Prela in charge. The Education Minister of the time was Ahmet Zogu, through an internal order,set aside the sum of 100 golden francs for the education of the children of Theth. In this church, for a short period of time, has also served Father Daniel Gjeçaj. Due to the installation of the atheist communist regime, he was forced to flee from Albania and servethe country from Italy. During the communist time, he kept contacts with all the Albanian immigrants abroad. One of his co-workers was also the great writer Martin Camaj, who would consult Father Daniel before he would publish any of his works. Thanks to the sons of Thethi who live in the USA, the church today has been reconstructedand is in full service of the village, as during the Communist regime it was damaged and made a health and pregnancy centre.